Thursday, April 3, 2008

With a little help from my tutor!

Continuing on the spotter theme.....
I mentioned in a previous entry about the SAQ tutorials I have been attending with some friends, which are run by a consultant we have worked with previously. I cannot understate the value of enforced MCQ practice and group discussion about the answers. At this week's session, we ventured briefly onto the subject of question spotting and our tutor raised a highly valuable point regarding a potential question.
I'm sure he won't mind me passing on his advice: a question on pain in some form or another. Two potential reasons: one, there hasn't been a pain question recently in the SAQs, and secondly (and most importantly), the setting up of the Faculty of Pain Medicine in April 2007 may lead to a request for pain representation within the SAQ questions.

No comments: