Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Unfortunately, over the last couple of weeks, house-hunting has taken preference. As well as viewing various properties, our house has had to remain in show-home like state i.e. much cleaning and tidying. So not a lot of exam preparation has occurred. My optimistic aim is to start working next week - although I'm still struggling a bit to motivate myself - especially for the evenings. I've managed to get hold of a copy of Core Topics in Pain and have also downloaded the Final syllabus and printed it out. I found it extremely useful during the Primary to have lots of practice questions grouped together by topic, so that when I came around to revising a specific subject, I could practice the relevant questions to supplement my knowledge. I've decided to do the same with the Final. Past Exam papers can be downloaded from the RCOA website here, and I copied and pasted all the questions from the exam section of AnaesthesiaUK here and here, and then organised them by topic. It was an exceptionally tedious process but I know it will help me in the long run. I have decided upon a plan of action - I've nearly completed my Cardiac & Paediatric Rotation, so will start revising both of those as they are relatively fresh. Then I'm going to move onto Obstetrics, as I seem to be on a permanent Maternity run at present! I also think I'm going to do practice MCQs and SAQs as I go. T minus 4 days to go!!

No comments: