Sunday, December 2, 2007

Recharged & Ready To Go

It really is true - revising anatomy has been a pleasure this last week.........by the pool, with no clouds in the sky, in the 27 degree heat, watching the Red Sea glimmer. OK, enough of all that. I decided to take some basic science stuff with me to revise whilst I was on holiday in Sharm el Sheikh. The first couple of days didn't go very well, what with snorkelling, lunch and listening to music and playing tennis, but after that I managed to do some excellent reading! I took Simon Bricker's "The Anaesthesia Science Viva Book" and managed to get through his anatomy and physiology chapters which were all concise and highly readable. The only thing I'm going to add is a set of diagrams made from my primary revision to the relevant pages. I find anatomy easier to learn from diagrams than paragraphs, and this does extend to some physiology principles.
Having finished cardiothoracic anaesthesia (the first time round - so many more to go!), I'm due to start paeds revision this week in the grand scheme, but am rostered to be on Chronic Pain at work, so may have a crack at that instead.

No comments: