Sunday, September 23, 2007

In the beginning.....

Not content with potentially moving house at the end of this year, I have decided to take the Final FRCA examination in April/June next year. One of the main reasons for this is the excellent teaching I have thus far received since starting as a registrar at the enormous teaching hospital! I am also trying to stick to my mantra that no matter what, I would not still be taking exams when I turned 30! Having written a guide to passing the Primary FRCA (found here), it was suggested by the good team at AnaesthesiaUK that I might like to produce a similar guide to the Final. I thought that rather than write it retrospectively as I had done previously, I would give a blow-by-blow account of the whole event. After all, I thought, there's plenty of time - the exam's not until April.

Then I remembered my Primary preparation.....and talked to a few people.......and glimpsed at the syllabus. We're looking at a good five to six months revision again. OK, I can start revising in November; that's still five weeks away. But I need the mental preparation time, the timetable-making, the textbook-buying, the study-leave booking, the girlfriend-preparing for the mental torture and anguish that lies ahead. All of a sudden, there was a lot to do!

No comments: